When you make a gift to The Park City Foundation (PCF), you'll get plenty in return. It's our goal to make philanthropy easier for our donors. We do this by providing flexible giving options and a whole host of professional strategies and services, including:
- Online fund management - TRY IT NOW
- Personal service to help realize your philanthropic goals
- Choice of funds you can create with a range of assets
- Professional management and investment of fund monies
- Knowledge of the Park City community's needs
- Site visits to nonprofits that are making a difference
- Research on topics of charitable interests
- Access to the expertise of PCF's grant staff and committee
- Regular fund statements
- Annual IRS tax filing
Here are just some of the benefits of becoming a Foundation donor.
- Permanence: Endowments placed at The Park City Foundation are permanent. Your legacy is maintained, and grants are made in perpetually, in the name of your fund, to benefit the community.
- Flexibility: An individual, family, business, club, or non-profit organization may create a fund at The Park City Foundation tailored to their specific interests. Gifts of any size may be added to existing funds.
- Simplicity: With a concise fund agreement, you may create your own philanthropic fund. The Park City Foundation offers convenient ways to manage all kinds of charitable giving.
- Recognition or Anonymity: Funds created in memory or honor of a family member, friend or organization will always award grants in that name. If you prefer anonymity, we will carefully protect your identity.
- Tax Benefits: Because of its public charity status, The Park City Foundation offers the highest level of charitable tax benefits.
- Protection from Obsolescence: You are assured that your original intent will continue even in changing circumstances. If the purpose of a fund becomes obsolete, The Park City Foundation’s Board has the legal authority to redirect the fund to the most closely related use. This “variance power” is a distinguishing advantage of community foundations.
- Grant making: The Park City Foundation addresses key issues in the community through its grants and uses established procedures and criteria to guide the grant making process for each fund – processes that may include competitive grant application cycles, technical assistance to grantees, and research of non-profit organizations for donors. Grants are routinely provided to nonprofit organizations classified as 501(c)(3) by the IRS.
- Community Improvement: The Park City Foundation Board and staff have years of experience working in partnerships with citizens, organizations and governments throughout the region to achieve community goals, find shared opportunities, and maximize grant making effectiveness. The Park City Foundation is expertly qualified to help you match your interests with the community’s needs and opportunities.
- Financial Management: Under the guidance of professional investment evaluators and a committee of knowledgeable Board members, The Park City Foundation funds are pooled and invested in a portfolio that produces income while providing principal security and long-term asset growth. (Performance information is available upon request.)
- Inclusiveness: The Park City Foundation believes that diversity means the active inclusion of the entire community as welcome participants in all its activities. PCF strives to practice and encourage diversity, equity and inclusiveness as the cornerstones of all that it does.
- Governance: A 20-member, volunteer Board of community leaders governs The Park City Foundation. Directors serve three-year terms.